Thursday, April 12, 2007

Screw Me!




Went into surgery this afternoon. As I was filling out the paperwork, I saw that they noted that the surgery was to be done on my left ankle. Ummm, Hello......I broke my RIGHT ankle. So I went up to the counter and told the receptionist that I already had this conversation the previous day and corrected her that it was my RIGHT and not LEFT leg. So the receptionist says to me, so you're not having surgery on your left leg? So I stuck up my right foot at her in the air and said, "its my right leg" The leg that's in the cast!

The anethesiologist and surgeon were top notch. I told them I wanted to be knocked out. I don't want to be awake for 2 hours listening to them cut me open, reset my bones, and hear screws going into my bones. No thank you!

So 2 hours later, I'm all numb and in a smaller cast and feeling good.

1 comment:

Gonzo said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. You should've sucked it up and had them do the surgery on the wrong leg, sue 'em, get rich, and retire.