Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Direct Buy

People have suggested that we look into "Direct Buy" as another resource for furniture, appliances, and whatnot for the home.

This is how it goes. First you must make an appointment to visit them. We received an email telling us when and where to go. You have to arrive at EXACTLY 5:25pm or you will NOT be allowed to enter. You must reschedule. You MUST sit through a "show". Now mind you, Neil did all this planning and scheduling without my knowledge.

So today, we head up to Bothell and it took us over 1.5 hours to get up there. So we were "late" and lost. We got there at 5:43pm and the lovely girl at the register gives us name tags and Neil says, "Why do I have to wear a name tag? Where's your?" She says, "So that we all know who you are! And I forgot mine at home. I've been already warned about it. I'm bad!" I wanted to kick her face in! A fat lady was sitting on the couch and says to the girl, "Oh dear! I don't have a name badge! Darling, I guess I need one too!" The girl says, "No ma'am, you're fine."

The girl says, "please have a seat and someone will be with you shortly." I walked around and read their Motto. It was like an "Amway brainwashing scheme." You cannot buy merchandise to resell. You cannot unveil or use DirectBuy prices to negotiate with other retailers...blah blah blah.

So this guy comes out and introduces himself as John. John says to us. "Welcome! But unfortunately, you're late and the session has already started! Would you like to to reschedule?"
And Neil says, "Reschedule for what? I'm here to buy appliances. Why do I need a name tag? All this is hookey to me!" John says, "Well, it's the session you signed up for. You're here for the presentation!" Neil says, "I don't think so! You're directions were crappy and we spent 1.5hrs getting here and this is all too weird!"

So we left. The guy wasn't even phased by it. He looked at me with a happy face, "Oh I can take your name tag and discard it for you."

Bub Bye.

We then ate at Canyons. The wonderful host saw us coming and instead of greeting us and asking us how many, he led us to a table. OK I thought. Bothell. I'm in Bothell.

No comments: