Sunday, February 17, 2008

ahi poke


ahi poke, originally uploaded by awungfoo.

I was looking forward to this on the whole trip. The first time we stopped, it was for lunch w/ Neil's cousins, but they were closed. :( Neil and I went back for dinner and I ordered 2 as dinner. I think they jacked up the price as it was not on the menu and the sushi chef made up a price. Didn't matter, the portion was HUGE as far as I was concerned. It was bigger than the last time we had it with the Zee's.

Overall, it was a mediocre experience. I think the economy has caused all the major hotels to cut back on staffing and it really shows in the customer service department. While my ahi was amazing, the rest of the meal was worst than the Chinese food you get at Safeway.

Neil ordered General Tso's chicken and we had to wait over 1/2 hr after my ahi before it came out. And when it did, it was a mess. The batter was missing on some of the chicken and what is suppose to be a crispy crust was soft and mushy. We asked for hot sauce and she didn't return with it until we ate half the dish. Oh I forgot to mention that we sent back the chicken and the second attempt was slightly better but still sucked.

So having been there almost 2hrs, she placed the dessert menu in front of us and Neil told her, Oh No. Just the bill. She said she would send the manager over but he never came and the gave us some chocolate dessert but we were too upset to bother.

Go back for ahi poke but nothing else. I'm sure Neil will write them a letter as every time we've gone, we've had a pleasant experience.

No comments: