Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Reduce Expenses

Yesterday I called AT&T and asked them to review my statement. The guy was very cordial and overly friendly and went through the statement step by step and yet somehow, I felt retarded after he went through it all.

I'm basically paying $29.99 for internet and unlimited text but after taxes & fees, it's more like almost $50. I was like huh? what? So I asked him to get rid of it. He said, but it will be pro-rated and you'll end up paying more. You should cancel it on the first of your cycle on the 11th of next month. I asked him I was being charged for dropping the service midway through the month and how I was paying more?

I said, if it's pro-rated, I'd be paying around $8 now and not $50 by the end of the billing cycle right? He said yes, so I said cancel the service. Duh, like I'm that dumb?!

So now I have a "smartphone" that is really just a phone. I put a block to text and internet on it so I wont' incur fees and I can't make/receive text. So if you're trying to text me, it won't work.

But I can still text others through AIM which is cool and free unless you have to pay for text messaging.

More $ saved that goes to more bills that appear out of nowhere...

2 comments:

Teri said...

then why do you bother having a smart phone?

Unknown said...

with biz so tight right now, smart phone is really a luxury. Most of the text i send are rarely read or returned and the internet is when I'm bored or waiting....

Just more $ that doesn't need to be spent.