Thursday, June 07, 2007

Walkin' about

As I'm sitting there in the PT clinic telling them how I'm exercising my foot in the pool, the lady next to me is pissed off that she broke her ankle a month before me and she's still limping and using a cane. I told her I couldn't figure out how to walk w/ only 1 crutch or a cane so I just ditched it and walked slowly, like a turtle.

Everytime my PT moved my foot this way or that, she kept asking if it hurt or painful. I said NOPE. I asked her why and she said that most of them don't have the flexibility or range of motion and usually scream that they were still in pain. I told her they were probably lying and wanted to stay at home longer. Or collect L&I as long as possible. My doctor ended my L&I claim just a little over a month! :(

So the good news is that my rehab is exceeding their expectation except with a little scarring and slight swelling that's typical.

Woo Hoo! Neil's sister sent me a shitload of chinese herbs and remedies to take during my recovery. I can't say that was it but I think the whole comprehensive approach did it!

Now, what to do with the scar!?

No comments: