Friday, October 12, 2007

Smashing


Smashing, originally uploaded by awungfoo.

I remember the Halloweens we had on Rooke Ave. Those were the good ol' days of receiving grocery bags full of goodies. Now-a-days, kids have to go to the mall. Where's the thrill and suspense of going up to a darken house and ringing the door bell.

We participate in the local trick or treat and I swear it's a pain in the ass. First I have to buy bags of candy and 2nd, we have kids and their mom or dad or whoever come in and go Trick or Treat! I'm trying to run a business and make some god damn $. They can be a distraction as we're trying to work with real paying customers.

Too bad that it has fallen upon businesses to provide a safe pratice that should really be a community/ neighborhood effort. Instead of getting to know your neighbors, people just go to the mall.

2 comments:

strawberryroses said...

Rooke has the best trick or treating and probably still does.

Danny said...

If it's not too cold out, we actually get quite a lot of kids in costume come our way. As I kid, I always liked it when people gave out the paper bags full of candy instead of just one piece of candy. So every year, I buy paper bags and stuff 'em with goodies.