Sunday, September 09, 2007

Zen Garden

What was once the Imperial Palace is now Zen Garden. I was cautious about having Chinese in Mill Creek and the online reviews were not so positive. But I and I'm sure Teri and Danny/Ivy will tell you, it was damn good! I wasn't so keen on the multiple levels but the garden was very beautiful and picturesque.

We had 2 tables and Joe ordered the GREAT COMPANION GATHERING FEAST.

We had:
Deluxe house platter of assorted appetizers (jellyfish, pork, and beef)
Vegetable stir fry with sliced Chx and Shrimp
Scramble eggs with fried fish maw and crab meat
Shark fin soup
Dungeness crab stir fried with salted duck eggs
Berling mushrooms with tofu
Drunken chicken with ginger sauce
Deep fried grouper and pan fried sole
Seafood fried rice
red bean dessert

In celebrating Joe's engagement to Suzy, we met some of her friends and her parents sat at our table. Suzy's dad, Harold tried and ate everything! They're just sweet folks!

Let's come back for dim sum and see if the food is worth the drive.

No pictures because I forgot my camera at home. Neil didn't come because he was sick w/ a cold.

No comments: